Tuesday, December 23, 2014

I suppose I should begin by saying that I've had too much to drink but I haven't, at least I don't think I have. A couple of glasses of wine and a Ricard doesn't really qualify. We spent the evening with Max, Severine and Louis and ate and drank and Celine spoke because my french isn't good enough and they are both shattered from looking after a small child. My memory serves me well and I recollect that emptiness behind the bright smiles and hollow laughs. It's Christmas, nearly. I did invite them to come and stay in London and it looks like they will sans enfant. What else has happened today? Not much. Shopping in Rodez, a phone call from my sister and lots of driving around in a car that has seen better days. Actually I'm shattered myself and need to hit the hay.

No comments: