Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Right, what I'm going to do is I'm going to start writing up recipes that cost about £3.80 everyday. This comes about from a conversation that I had with my youngest son after we'd been into Starbucks to purloin a hat full of stirring sticks. I couldn't just go in there and help myself, not me, honest John, so we purchased two hot chocolates. £4.80. £4.80? I hear you ask. I said to Joshie, 'You could feed a family of 4 for that.' He didn't believe me but I know it's true.
'Hold on', you're saying, 'you said, '£3.80, not £4.80, what's going on?'
Ok. The next day I noticed that the cost of my old drug of choice, and Nick Clegg's is £3.80. 10 Silk Cut Purple and I thought, you know what, for £3.80 you could easily cook a meal for two.
My challenge is therefore, for the next 10 days I will cook meals that cost only £3.80 and place them in this blog.
Fair enough?

No comments: